You are here
Kanik Chung Legacy Fellowship
Massachusetts College of Art and Design is pleased to announce it will be hosting the second annual "Kanik Chung Legacy Fellowship" in the fall of 2017.
The Kanik Chung Legacy Fellowship is in memory of Kanik Chung, accomplished Artist, Designer, Educator and longtime friend of the MassArt Glass Department. The aim of the Fellowship is to assist an artist working in glass to participate in a post-graduate artist residency. It is important that the chosen artist embodies the drive, dedication and altruistic artistic vision that Kanik became well known for during his career.
The Fellowship will be open to any artist who graduated from an accredited institution with a focus on glass, within two years of the September 2015 Fellowship start date. The Kanik Chung Legacy Fellow will receive $2,500 USD, in addition to travel expenses and accommodations for a 3-4 week residency.
- 4 week artist in residence at Massachusetts College of Art and Design/li>
- $2,500 USD honorarium for supplies
- Travel expenses to be reimbursed by MassArt up to $1,500.
- Studio space in Glass Department
- Artist apartment provided by MassArt
- Cold-shop / hot-shop / kilns / flame-working / mold-making / silk-screening & enamel studios
- Access to Gaffer (4 gaffer slots)
- Access upon request to other 3D facilities & equipment
- Access to Library and Digital Media lab
- Service to MassArt
- Public lecture
- Interaction with students / studio visits / critiques
MassArt will help facilitate a post-residency exhibition or lecture in New York City.
Application Instructions and Deadline:
Deadline for applications: May 25, 2017
Applicants must submit the following items, by May 25th to be considered for a 2017 KCLF Residency:
- 5 images of current artwork
- Corresponding list and description of images in the following format: name, date, dimensions, medium, description (optional)
- One page statement of purpose outlining your goals for the residency.
- Biography / CV
- Name and email address of 2 references
Submissions: Email complete submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified by June 10, 2018
Donations and Support:
The MassArt Foundation is building a fund to support the Kanik Chung Legacy Fellowship. Donations are critical to ensuring that Kanik's legacy will live on in the form of continued education and creativity for future generations of glass artists. MassArt is the only freestanding public college of art and design in the United States.
Gifts in Kanik's memory can be made to the MassArt Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All gifts made to the MassArt Foundation are tax deductible. Contributions can be sent to the MassArt Foundation at 621 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 or online. Click "Give Online" and specify "Kanik Chung Legacy Fellowship" in the box that reads 'If Other, Please Specify'.