You are here
If you have a disability or condition that requires special living arrangements, you must submit the following information by February 15 (current students) or with the Housing Application by May 1 (newly accepted students) to the Associate Dean of the Academic Resource Center, Liz Smith-Freedman, at email@example.com.
- A letter/email written by the student stating the specific medical condition, the specific housing need that it requires, and why a single or handicapped accessible suite is requested.
- Medical documentation from a physician supporting the request
- Completed Request for Accommodations
Because each request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis, it is extremely important for all documentation to be complete and detailed regarding the request and associated disability. All requests will be reviewed based on what information is provided. Generalizations will not help us to understand the need for a housing accommodation. Housing accommodations are made one academic year at a time.
Meal Plan Medical Accommodation
Meal plans cannot be waived unless a student has sufficiently documented medical need or other extenuating circumstances that MassArt's dining service provider, Chartwells, cannot accommodate. Chartwells can prepare foods to meet vegetarian and most allergy needs.
To petition for a reduction or waiver of the required meal plan, students must submit their request in writing by February 15 (current students) or with the Housing Application by May 1 (newly accepted students). You will continue to be charged for your meal plan until a decision is made (if applicable).
- Complete the Request for Accommodations form
- Submit a request in writing to reduce or waive your meal plan to the Associate Dean of the Academic Resource Center, Liz Smith-Freedman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include documentation from a medical professional who can substantiate the reason for a waiver