You are here
Mask Requirement by Area
MassArt requires that masks are worn on campus to ensure the best practices to keep our community safe. The College strongly recommends wearing medical grade masks, which include KN95, N95, KF94, or surgical masks. Cloth masks may be layered over a medical-grade mask, but cloth masks alone are not recommended.
These requirements are based on guidance from the CDC.
- Masks are still required for everyone when indoors on campus, regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks are no longer required above the first floors in the Residence Halls.
- MassArt strongly recommends the use of high-filtration masks, including N95, KN95, KF94, and surgical masks.
- Free, high-filtration masks are available to all at the DMC and Kennedy security desks.
- Dining Hall: Masks are required (anytime not eating or drinking) for all community members, regardless of vaccination status.
- Private offices: No masks are required for those who are fully vaccinated and in the office alone.
- Meetings in private offices: Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status.
Thank you for your cooperation with this essential component of our campus health and safety plan. It reflects MassArt’s commitment to pursue a just, compassionate, and equitable learning and working environment.