You are here
Tony is an award-winning art director and identity designer. Since founding his studio in 2004, he has collaborated with corporate and non-profit communications offices, strategy and innovation design firms, product marketing departments, publishers, and individual entrepreneurs. Tony is a founding member of the team that created the internationally-recognized kids activity brand Unbored. Since 2010, the brand has grown to include a series of four books (Bloomsbury) and four toy kits (Mindware).
A dedicated design educator, Tony has served as an instructor of brand identity systems and advanced typography at Massachusetts College of Art and Design since 2006. A member of the Boston design community for nearly two decades, Tony has worked at the area’s top design firms, including IDEO, Digitas, and Crocker, Inc.
His work has been featured in publications by design historian Stephen Heller, honored by the AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Arts), and has appeared in Print, Graphis, HOW and Communication Arts. A 1998 graduate of Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Tony served as co-creative director for MassArt’s new brand identity in 2008. He resides in Newton, Massachusetts, with his wife and two children.
- 2015 - Above the Fold, Alumni Works in Design, group exhibition at Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- 2017 - "Unbored," The Unexpected Evolution of a Kid’s Activity Brand, invited talk at the summer retreat of the Society of Printers
- 2014 - "Unbored Games," invited talk with Joshua Glenn, Talks at Google, Cambridge, MA
- 2012 - "Unbored," invited talk with Joshua Glenn at IDEO Boston 2009 - "The Anatomy of Design: Uncovering the Influences and Inspiration in Modern Graphic Design," by Steven Heller and Mirko Ilic, Rockport Publishers
- 2014 - "Creative Anarchy, How to Break the Rules of Graphic Design for Creative Success," by Denise Bosler, HOW Books
- 2017 - Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award, "Unbored Time Capsule"
- 2017 - Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award, "Unbored Carnival"
- 2016 - PRINT Regional Design Annual, "Unbored Adventure"
- 2015 - Family Fun, Best Toys of the Year, "Unbored Disguises Activity Kit"
- 2013 - PRINT Regional Design Annual, "Unbored"
- 2012 - HOW International Annual, "Unbored"
- 2012 - BoNE Show (Best of New England, AIGA Boston), "Unbored"
- 2009 - PRINT Regional Design Annual, "MassArt Identity" (with Moth Design)
- 2005 - PRINT Regional Design Annual, "Charles Jones Stationery and Identity"
- 2004 - BoNE Show (Best of New England, AIGA Boston), "All American Theory Identity"
- 2004 - PRINT Regional Design Annual, "All American Theory Identity"
- Society of Printers, member