You are here
Jenny Kinard is an established creative leader with over 15 years experience bringing award winning products, services and brands to market. She is known for her interdisciplinary approach that pushes the boundaries of the field, investigating how the process of design and strategy can be used to solve contemporary global challenges, foster innovation and drive organizational change.
She has held positions at some of the top global design agencies and Fortune 500 companies including her most recent role as Creative Director for Procter and Gamble, leading design from product innovation to brand identity for billion dollar brands.
She has also worked as a creative lead, researcher and strategist for design studios in Barcelona, Spain and Boston including (eleven) and Altitude. Her many cross industry collaborations include Braun Design, MIT Media Lab, Sacchi & Sacchi, BBDO, Smart Design, Landor and with artists in Barcelona and Boston.
Jenny brings her leadership and diverse experience in the global industry into her practice and classroom with an emphasis on critical problem solving, user centered and participatory based design. Dedicated to education and social impact, she is currently an adjunct professor in the Industrial Design department at MassArt and has been a mentor and critic at Rhode Island School of Design, University of Cincinnati, Boston Architectural College and more.
- 2016 - Diversity in Design Panel Sponsor and Moderator, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Boston
April Worked to engage students in a diversity focused panel to address questions and concerns on the mind of students today. Assisted in organization, speaker recruitment and invited to moderate this panel in April of 2016.
- 2011 - Panelist Procter & Gamble, Women in Leadership Conference
Awards and Honors
- 2015 - AmeriStar Institute of Packaging Professionals, Design, innovation and sustainability
- 2014 - AmeriStar Institute of Packaging Professionals, Design, sustainability and cost effectiveness
- 2013, 2014 - Packaging Digest Venus, Cover shot and articles on the re-design of packaging and branding
- 2013 - Dupont Packaging Award, Gold Venus and Olay packaging, Innovation and Sustainability category
- 2013 - Rebrand 100 Award Venus logo and rebrand, Excellence in brand repositioning
- 2013 - AmeriStar, Design Excellence Institute of Packaging Professionals, Sustainability and innovation
- 2012 - Design of the Decade, Gold Industrial Designers Society of America, Best solution to a business problem
- 2006-2015 - Authored 15 Design and Utility patents Packaging and product inventions
- Lucas Mulder Photography, Boston, MA
Collaborative photography series investigating a visual story of Industrial Design studio life entitled ‘MassArt Rm. 617’
- Design Management Institute
- Design Museum Boston
- Industrial Designers Society of America
Connect: Jenny Kinard on LinkedIn