You are here
Zandra Rhodes: A Lifelong Love Affair with Textiles
Sandra & David Bakalar Gallery
Since her first solo collection in 1969, internationally renowned British fashion designer Zandra Rhodes has been creating brilliant and imaginative fabrics and clothing. This retrospective, her first solo exhibition on the East Coast, presents a selection of her textiles and more than 40 high-fashion garments.
A Lifelong Love Affair with Textiles chronicles designs from the 1960s through the 1980s and reveals the designer's process; her approach to shape, color, technique, and her worldwide influences. A veritable Who's Who have donned her fashions, including Diana, Princess of Wales; Debbie Harry; Freddy Mercury; Jacqueline Onassis; Joan Rivers; and Elizabeth Taylor. Rhodes' work is included in many museum collections, among them the Victoria & Albert, New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Smithsonian Institute.
This exhibition was made possible by a gift from the Poss Family Foundation.
- Big Red & Shiny: Zandra Rhodes: A Lifelong Love Affair with Textiles at MassArt
- Boston Magazine: Textiles, Earth, and Alchemy: MassArt Opens Fall 2012 Exhibits
- Boston Globe: A Dream Internship with Zandra Rhodes
- Boston Globe: Evening with Zandra Rhodes at MassArt
- Boston Globe: Zandra Rhodes on the Enduring Punk Aesthetic
- The Phoenix: The Princess of Punk Rages On
- Boston Globe: What's Up at Boston-area Art Galleries