COVID Safety Requirements
Vaccine and Booster Requirements
- All Students were required to receive their booster dose by Friday, March 18.
- All Faculty and Staff were required to receive their booster dose by Monday, April 25.
- Moderna and Pfizer boosters can be received 5 months after receiving a 2nd dose vaccine, and Johnson & Johnson boosters 2 months after receiving the vaccine. For more details on timing and eligibility, please see these CDC guidelines.
- Everyone is encouraged to receive their booster dose as soon as they are eligible.
- Locate and schedule your booster dose using the MassVaxFinder website.
- In the MassArt area, booster locations include the Whittier Street Health Center, CVS Longwood Medical (Moderna), and the Brigham Circle Walgreens (Pfizer-BioNTech).
- In order to be in compliance, you must update your vaccination records in the CoVerified app.
- Click the “+” menu , select "Upload Vaccine or Exemption," select "COVID-19 Vaccine" as the record type and choose the appropriate booster manufacturer and dose, enter the date of vaccination, location, and then upload a picture of the front of your card.
On the MassArt campus, we require masks approved by the CDC to ensure the best practices to keep our community safe. The College strongly recommends medical grade masks, which include KN95, N95, KF94, or surgical masks, be worn on campus. Cloth masks may be layered over a medical-grade mask, but cloth masks alone are not recommended.
These requirements are based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Public areas on campus (such as classrooms, meeting rooms, studios, elevators, hallways, and restrooms): Masks are required indoors for all community members regardless of vaccination status, as we continue our ongoing practice of mask-wearing
- Dining Hall: Masks are required (anytime not eating or drinking) for all community members, regardless of vaccination status
- Private offices: No masks are required for those who are fully vaccinated and in the office alone
- Meetings in private offices: Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status
- Residence halls: Masks are no longer required above the first floors in the Residence Hall
Thank you for your cooperation with this essential component of our campus health and safety plan. It reflects MassArt’s commitment to pursue a just, compassionate, and equitable learning and working environment.
MassArt COVID Team