You are here
The Academic Compass Program is a mentoring program that supports undergraduate students with advising, tutoring, and navigating issues of tranistion in academic, creative, social, cultural and personal areas.
The goal of Compass is to provide resources, opportunities, and support to first generation college students, students from alternative, non-traditional, or under-resourced high schools.
"The Compass program has shown me that there are people who care for my well-being and are dedicated to helping me achieve my goals."
- Szu-chieh Yun '11 BFA Painting
- Weekly workshops, retreats, visiting artists and lectures serve as forums where community is fostered and student voices are heard and encouraged
- Compass works in collaboration with academic services, Student Development, and other College-wide departments
- An annual field trip to New York City exposes students to contemporary art in museums and galleries
- Compass retreats present students with the opportunity to connect with faculty and strengthen friendships
- The annual Compass Exhibition in the Brant Gallery displays the breadth and depth of work by Compass students across all disciplines
- MassArt alumni are invited to Compass to share stories, make connections, and strengthen the Compass network
Contact Lyssa Palu-ay, Academic Compass Coordinator & Associate Professor, Studio Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.879.7782