You are here
AKF Group Scholarship Award
The AKF Engineering Group's annual MassArt scholarship exhibition has been postponed until the fall semester. We thank the students who already submitted and we will be in touch when a new timeline has been decided.
AKF Group has officially launched its Fifth Annual AKF Group Scholarship Award for MassArt. They are looking for creative individuals to submit artwork to display at their Boston office for the year (May 2020 - May 2021). Two winners will each be awarded with a $2,500 scholarship and will have the opportunity to leave their work on display for one year!
- The competition is open to freshman, sophomores, and juniors of all academic programs who will be taking courses at MassArt in Fall 2020. Seniors may also participate if they are continuing their education at MassArt after their undergraduate program.
- Work should be appropriate for a corporate office setting. Any pieces not deemed appropriate will not be considered.
- Any type of media is accepted. However, 3-D Media must be able to fit on a small table or counter top. Pieces that must be placed on the floor will not be accepted.
- All selected finalist 2-D artwork will need to be framed (by student) prior to delivery to AKF.
- Submit a single PDF file with one high quality image per page of your piece. Your submission can include up to three images of your piece.
- Include the title, dimensions, price*, and a brief description for the piece. Also include your name and your current year at MassArt and specify if you will bring the original work or a print / copy to the exhibition.
- Students can submit up to 3 different pieces for consideration.
- Submissions will only be accepted through the link on AKF's Competition Page.
- Submit your work: March 31, 2020
- Finalists selected and notified: Mid-April 2020
- Awards reception: May 7, 2020 - The finalists will attend a gallery-like event with their work on display, and a panel of judges from AKF and MassArt will select two winners! All finalists, AKF members, and AKF clients will be invited to view the pieces and enjoy beverages and hors d’oeuvres.
AKF, an award-winning global engineering firm, was founded in 1989 as a traditional mechanical, electrical, and plumbing and fire protection design firm. We have since expanded our services to bring better solutions to clients and cater to unique project needs.
The Boston office of AKF was opened in the spring of 2007 and now has over 60 members on staff. The office has five partners who take an active role in all facets of projects. The Boston location is at 99 Bedford Street, 2nd floor. The building is on the National Historic Registry. For a brief history of the building visit its Wikipedia page.